Passenger safety is our absolute priority. Over the years our team has worked diligently to ensure that the safety of our passengers is never compromised. The foundation of our commitment to safety is our ongoing effort to educate and employ professional chauffeurs, knowledgeable staff and maintain preventative safety standards.
For Ecostyle Chauffeured Transportation, duty of care is one of the pillars of our business, one pillar that has kept our business on top.
Kevin Iwamoto, Senior Consultant at Goldspring Consulting recently spoke at the 2016 GBTA Convention in Denver, sharing his concerns on the importance of DOC for meetings and events, what duty of care means and what specifically applies to meeting and event leaders as part of their onsite planning responsibilities.
During the panel session, there have been shared some best practices, which we want to share with you first of all because sharing is caring and, as Kevin says, Duty of care in today’s world is not a “nice to have,” it’s a must-have.
- Make sure your third-party risk management partner (e.g., iJet, iSOS, travel management company, venues, etc.) can provide services to all types of travelers (staff, volunteers and other non-employees) and sort by group for reporting needs and accurate tracking. I would also include pre-trip “know before you go” communications to travelers booked to visit a mid- to high-risk area.
- Institute an emergency response plan for international travel, covering all contingencies, including military action, political unrest and natural disasters. It is our responsibility and smart business to safely bring home every employee and contractor when we ask them to go abroad to further the corporate mission. Don’t forget to include your key suppliers in the design of your company’s plan.
- Have a good communication plan set up for your travelers. Keep it simple and clear, so should a trip go awry, they know who to call for what. Incorporate info into a mobile app and laptop-static document that doesn’t require the Internet to access. If possible, use one main link to provide immediate access to protocols so there’s no need for phone numbers and multiple other links.
- Educate your travelers through policies, smart communications, web pages, special alerts, etc.
- Ensure that travelers understand pertinent details, particularly if a trip is rescheduled or the airlines take over their flight reservations. Your traveler-tracking program is only as good as the integrity of the booked data. When not communicated to the travel or meetings manager, changes to itineraries can handicap the ability to be effective.
- Be ready for the unexpected. International travel isn’t business as usual. Researching what resources are available in the event of an emergency is important, as is advising travelers to review their insurance coverage and other services to ensure they are available. Pre-trip planning and advisory communications also are key.
- Ensure you have the financial means and proper form of payment so you could purchase a large volume of tickets, hotel rooms, charter flights or other arrangements at a moment’s notice in case of mass attendee evacuations.
- Have a team approach. When it comes to risk management and duty of care, it’s best to have all stakeholders involved including travel, security, HR, senior management and risk staff. You also should seek an integrated solution that encompasses all your travelers’ needs while emphasizing that everyone, from senior management to employees, have duty-of-loyalty responsibilities for traveler safety and well-being. Everyone should be equally made aware of status updates and emergency situations. Make sure that all staff contact information is kept up-to-date with regularity.
As an experienced ground transportation service provider, Ecostyle Chauffeured Transportation is dedicated to exceed its client’s expectations of reliability, quality, safety and professionalism.
We’re confident that our rigorous duty of care standards are among the strictest in the industry, allowing us to protect your safety while providing an excellent transport experience.
Corporate event planners, meeting planners and other business professionals across the country rely on EcoStyle for event transport that is organized and delivers the best corporate transportation solutions available.
We have been working with clients throughout the US for many years, showing them how simple and successful chauffeured transportation can be and that having safety as a first priority is the best plan.
Get in touch with our Raleigh, NC office today by giving us a call at (919) 890-3839, making a reservation or by contacting us online.